In the social work course, we have to do community organization work with the people of the community. For the social worker, it is very difficult to start as he/she faces problems in making the relationships with the community people. So here are some basic steps for starting the community organization work.
• Go to the community with your agency supervisor who will help you in making the relationships with the people of the community. You can also go with any volunteers or any other staff person who is already aware about that community.
• Visit to the streets and common meeting places of the community. It can be chaupal, aaganbari center, community hall or any other place.
• Check the conditions of the streets, sanitation and other facts of the community.
• Try to find out the history of the community and also conditions of the people living there. You can note their education profile, conditions of their children, their work nature and other information.
• Try to establish good relationships with the respected people of the agency. They will help you in making the core team.
• Try to find out the culture of the community. Follow their traditions during your visit to the community.
A social worker can play important role in mobilizing the community for achieving the common goals of the community.
Can anyone tell me about how to get the job in the Anganwadi Centre? Please suggest where to find the job requirement advertisement of Anganwadi Centre in the news paper or website.
sir,my name is dhimant pandit and just completed my b.com and want to pursue my career in msw through ignou so i have some queries in mind regarding this course.
1. Is this a good carrier option?
2. The value of ignou is same as compared to other universities or regular students?
3.As many people said that the ignou passed out are always considered as underdogs in outer and corporate worlds is it true??
Please try to answer as soon as possible. Thank you
1. Yes, MSW course has good career opportunities. There are plenty of NGOs and development sector where you can work. You can also get a job in hospital as medial social worker etc.
2. IGNOU is an international university and the courses offered here at are recognized by UGC and AICTE.
3. It is true for all distance learning universities. Many of the private sector prefers full time passed students. You can try the MSW regular course from Delhi University, TISS or Madras University if you want to do it regular.
Can anyone tell me about the details of the Jobs in Kumaon Uttarakhand for MSW Professional?
Check out the latest advertisement for the post of Social Worker in AIIMS Rishikesh. Find the attached link for getting the more information on the job. The posts are based on contract based for the month of 11 months.
Complete details – http://aiimsrishikesh.edu.in/recruitments/documents/GROUP%20A%20&%20B%20ELIGIBLE%20CRITERIA%20-%20REOPEN.pdf
Career for Social Workers
There are wide varieties of career in after the MSW. If you have been completed the MSW and looking for the professional career in this field, I will suggest you to join NGO for gaining the knowledge and experience about the social work.
In the NGO, I will suggest you to concentrate on the community mobilization as this activity will enhance your communication skills and you will be able to know about how to do the professional social work.
After MSW, you can also try in the government department as the social welfare officer and community mobilizer.
Check this advertisement for getting more information on the Government Job in Department of Social Welfare Delhi Government.
Guys, if you have been completed the MSW, I will suggest you to try for this job.
Best of luck to all social workers.
Government Job in Department of Social Welfare Delhi Government
There are lots of jobs available for the social worker. If you have completed the MSW from any university of India, you can join the exam for the Delhi Government for the Social Welfare Officer.
Your age should not be more than 30 years. Visit the DSSSB website for getting the more information on the Social Worker Jobs in Delhi Government.
Bhim Rao Ambedkar College of Delhi University is offering the BA honors in Social Work i.e. the BSW course. The college is located in the Yamuna Vihar. You can get more details about the BSW course from the college website.
Well friends, I am getting this question from numbers of students who are pursuing the MSW from the IGNOU. They are asking continuously about the job opportunities and career scope after the IGNOU MSW Course. Here is my answer and I am sure that you will get some satisfaction.
The scope is unlimited. Govt jobs are also available on the basis of MSW. At present, Delhi Government is asking for the MSW for the social welfare officer jobs.
You can also work in international NGOs like UNICEF, UNESCO, WHO etc. Also you can start your own NGO by gaining the experience.
After MSW, you can do PHD and by qualifying UGC NET, you can be a lecturer.
So good scope in the field of social work.